Happy Thursday, FSK Community! This week, our PTA update is a day early due to the holidays. Please read this week’s PTA Newsletter (CLICK HERE) and the note below for our Highlights this week. We have a 4-day weekend as there are NO CLASSES on February 12th & February 15th in observance of holidays.
Wishing you all a Happy Lunar New Year!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Happy Presidents’ Day!
1. School Holidays, no classes: Friday, February 12th (Lunar New Year) and Monday, February 15th (Presidents’ Day). Enjoy the long weekend and we’ll see you back on Zoom on Tuesday, February 16th.
2. Donations needed for our upcoming AUCTION
We are very low on donations of items to our Auction. If you are able to donate an item for our upcoming Online Auction (March 13-19), please email our Auction Chairs today at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support!
3. Help our bountiful school Garden grow! Purchase your plants, soil, seeds, and other garden supplies at any Sloat Garden Center from today thru February 14th. Make sure to mention ‘FSK’ at checkout and 10% of sales gets donated to our school. Yay!
4. School Site Meeting, February 18th, 3:00pm (VIRTUAL). Please email our SSC Chair, Catherine (email@example.com), if you’d like to join this meeting.
5. ELAC Meeting, February 19th, 6:30pm (VIRTUAL). We welcome our English Learner families to join Mrs. Kusuma for the ELAC Meeting. Please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join and get more information.
6. We want YOU to join our PTA Board! We have four positions opening up; email our PTA Prez, Kai, if interested:
- Fundraising VP: organize fundraising calendar, work with fundraising event chairs, send messages, join PTA Board and General meetings
- Membership VP: encourage community members to join PTA, share messages, join PTA Board and General meetings
- Outreach VP: organize school tours, reach out to enrollment discussion groups on social media, share messages, join PTA Board and General meetings
- Board Members at Large (2): support Board as needed; join PTA Board and General meetings
Enjoy a restful, safe, 4-day weekend! Take care, FSK!