Happy Friday, FSK! We made it through Week 22…a BIG THANKS to our students, educators/staff, and families for working together during Distance Learning! Check out this week’s Newsletter PDF – click on DOWNLOAD at the top of this page.
Please read below (yes, it’s long…we have much to share) for the Highlights and Gratitude. And, as always, the Newsletter and updates are also available on our websites: myfsk.org ; instagram.com/fskpta_sf/; and, facebook.com/FSKschool/.
1. Our virtual INTERNATIONAL NIGHT DANCE PARTY today was amazing! Thank you to DJ Monique, Piper, and DJ Taco Suave for a very fun two hours traveling the world while learning about different cultures and types of dances. We appreciate our student guest dancers and all who joined tonight…way to show off some fun dance moves, FSK!
2. DONATIONS for our ONLINE AUCTION due soon! We are accepting Donations for our Auction through February 26th. Your support will make our Auction fundraiser more successful. If you’d like to donate an item, please email our Chairs, Tina and Katie, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. February 5-14, Garden Fundraiser with Sloat Garden Center. Please support our FSK Outdoor Classroom; please stop by any Sloat Garden Center location in the city during this week and mention Francis Scott Key at checkout; 10% of your purchase will be given to the school in the form of a gift card. If you’d like to donate soil, compost, seeds or plants to our Garden, please email our Committee Chairs at email@example.com. Thanks!
4. JOIN OUR GENERAL PTA MEETING, FEBRUARY 11TH, 6:30PM (VIRTUAL). Please join us for a great chat with our community. MEMBERS, we will be voting on our ByLaws, so don’t miss this meeting. Zoom link will be shared soon. Thanks!
5. We have TWO HOLIDAYS ~ NO SCHOOL ~ ON FEBRUARY 12TH (LUNAR NEW YEAR) AND FEBRUARY 15TH (PRESIDENTS DAY)! Enjoy the long weekend!
6. School Site Meeting, February 18th, 3pm (VIRTUAL). Please email our SSC Chair, Catherine (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you’d like to join this meeting.
7. ELAC Meeting, February 19th, EVENING (VIRTUAL). We welcome our English Learner families to join Mrs. Kusuma for the ELAC Meeting. Please email her at email@example.com if you’d like to join and get more information.
8. FSK Fun Reading Week, March 1-5 (VIRTUAL). Details are coming soon about this fun week encouraging the joy of reading among our FSK students. Stay tuned!
9. Tune in MARCH 13-19 FOR OUR ONLINE AUCTION AND VIRTUAL EVENTS. Check out all the great info on our Auction webpage .
10. SNCC School ReName Update. In December, 2020, after surveying the students and the entire FSK community, the School Name Change Committee submitted five possible names to the School Board for review. Thank you, SNCC, for facilitating the conversations and leading the positive and informed process for our school name change.
Thank you to our Principal, Ms. Kasner, for going above and beyond in open communication on our school reopening status. She will continue to share updates with us all.
We are very thankful to all our FSK staff and educators for working quickly and tirelessly to get our classrooms reconfigured and ready for in-person learning per all the district and DPH guidelines. Even though on-site learning has been delayed (our school site will NOT re-open to the first cohort of our students on February 8th, as originally planned), we are very grateful that our educators & staff took the extra time, on top of distance learning, to prepare our school site. THANK YOU ~ WE APPRECIATE YOU!!!
Questions? Feel free to email our PTA Board anytime.
Hope you all have a restful weekend.
We’re in this together, FSK!