Happy week 3! We hope you are all beginning to find your groove with Distance Learning. And this week, you will start to attend your Specials classes! Ms. Heffernan, Mr. Speidel, Ms. Applin, Ms. Cara, Mr. Aaron and Ms. Perry are so excited to begin working with you! We hope you enjoy another week full of community and learning! Thank you to the students and families who have visited our virtual office and asked us questions! Please check out the short video from Ms. Kasner and Ms. Page, below.
Some reminders for this week:
1. We’d like to give a big shout out to the parents and Sunset Church members who have been volunteering their time to support our school with various tasks! We appreciate your dedication and service.
- As a site, we have deployed more than 350 devices, 100 hot spots and more than 95% of our families were able to come pick up printed materials for their children! Thank you to all our families for working so closely with us and continuing to be such a strong partner!
- We have limited opportunity to enter the school building. If you still have tech needs (pick up or exchange a device or need a hot spot) please reach out to Ms. Kasner & Ms. Page and we will figure out a day and time for you to pick up.
2. This year during Distance Learning, the District is supporting school sites to perform formalized Wellness Check-ins with their families four times throughout the year. While we know many of you are in consistent communication with your child’s teacher and various FSK staff, the first round of formal check-ins will take place over the next couple of weeks. You and your family may expect an email or phone call from your child’s teacher or another FSK staff member to check in and see how you and your family are doing during Distance Learning. If you need immediate support or resources, please do not hesitate to reach out to Ms. Kasner, Ms. Page or Ms. Hong (our school Social Worker) or visit the Family Resource Page here.
3. Some of you may have noticed that our FSK playground is open for the public on the weekends! We ask that you continue to practice safety protocols as you are using a common space. Please also practice social distancing, wear your mask and always wash your hands. We ask that, as you and your family are allowed to use the open space, that your children do not play on the play structure and remember to treat our space with kindness and respect. Thank you!
4. Our FSK literacy specialist, Missy Keadle will be offering some family Literacy workshops during the month of September! While we are planning, we would like to hear more about your literacy needs. Please fill out this short survey if you have any ideas or questions! You may also view our FSK Literacy website here. There will be 4 different sessions throughout September based on various grade levels and areas of focus. There is no need to sign up! We hope to see you there. Please see the schedule below:
- Thursday 9/3 from 5:00-6:00pm // K-2 Reading workshop: Zoom Link; password: Literacy.
- Thursday 9/10 from 5:00-6:00pm // 3-5 Reading workshop; Zoom Link; password: Literacy
- Thursday 9/17 from 5:00-6:00pm // K-2 Writing workshop; Zoom link coming soon
- Thursday 9/24 from 5:00-6:00pm // 3-5 Writing workshop; Zoom link coming soon
5. Families, please update all your personal information on ParentVUE! If you still haven’t signed up for ParentVUE, contact Ms. Page. All direct communication from FSK and SFUSD uses the phone numbers and emails that are listed on ParentVUE. Please make sure your contacts are updated so you may receive all pertinent information from us!
6. This year, due to Distance Learning, instrumental music with Ms. Perry will be a little different. All 4th graders will learn the recorder and have weekly synchronous lessons with Ms. Perry. The 5th grade students will continue with their same instrument and have weekly asynchronous lessons that can be found in Ms. Perry’s Google classroom. Ms. Perry will have a monthly group check-in for 5th grade students of the same instrument. These classes will hopefully begin within the next couple of weeks and your teacher will confirm the schedule with you.
7. San Francisco Parents for Public Schools is offering a virtual series of topics regarding Learning @ Home. Here is the info for the upcoming session: How to Tackle Distance Learning – It Takes a Village – Date: Thursday, September 3, Time: 5:00 – 6:30 pm PT, Register Here
8. Lastly, we would like to create more opportunities for students to connect with us directly. We have created a space for students to visit and hang out with us. If you visit our virtual office, you can see our office link and hours. We will post the date and time in our Hang out Room and welcome students to “stop by” and have lunch with us. Meanwhile, if your child would like to “Ask your principals a question”, they can click on the link and type in the question on the slide. Please remember to leave your name and classroom number!
Wish you another wonderful learning week!
Sending you all big hugs and love,
Ms. Kasner and Ms. Page
- 9/3星期四，下午5:00 – 6:00 pm // K-2年级阅读研讨会， Zoom 链接 （密码：Literacy）
- 9/10星期四从5:00 – 6:00 pm // 3-5年级阅读研讨会，Zoom 链接（密码：Literacy）
- 9/17星期四5:00 – 6:00 pm// K-2年级写作研讨会; Zoom 链接即将推出
- 9/24星期四5:00 – 6:00 pm // 3-5年级写作研讨会; Zoom 链接即将推出
旧金山是公共教育家长会在9月3号举办在家学习系列。以将帮助家庭从适应远程教育，新的技术和学习软件，还有与家里人在这前所未有的时间里一起管理身心健康。在家学习：如果应付远程教育 – “同村应对” 该系列旨在通过充满挑战的远程学习新环境为家庭提供支持。 点击注册参加2020年9月3号，晚上5-6：30的Zoom会议