Welcome to Week 36! We hope you had a relaxing weekend. We are approaching the final stretch of the school year and we continue to cherish every day we spend together. As we reflect on this past year, we hope you also feel proud of how much we have learned and overcome as a community. We cannot express enough how impressed we are by our students, their resilience, their flexibility and their growth-mindset. There is nothing these kids can’t do!
We continue celebrating Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage this month. Please check out our Virtual IDEAS Gallery in celebration of AAPI Heritage Month.
Intake & Pick-up:
Thank you for all your continued patience and support as we make sure students and families stay safe each and every day. While we know guidelines are constantly changing, we are still abiding by protocols and guidelines set forth by SFUSD. We realize this may cause conflicting information for families and we appreciate your understanding of our obligation to keep all students and staff safe. As of now, we will continue to practice SFUSD protocols for the next 12 days of school.
As a community, we want to emphasize the importance of our Key Expectations to the community: Be Kind, Be Respectful, and Be Responsible.
Kinder & 5th Grade Promotions:
Please make note of our promotion ceremonies dates and times. We adjusted the start time for both promotion ceremonies to accommodate for intake of other students arriving on campus and allowing for other staff and students to participate virtually! We thank you for your understanding.
5th Grade promotion program – Wednesday 5/26
- Individual Class Zoom at 8:30am
- Whole Grade Ceremony via Zoom from 10:00 – 11:00 am (Link will be shared on 5/25)
- In-Person Pop in & Pick up on FSK Yard – Photo ops, memorabilia & diploma pickup
- Room 202 from 1:45 – 2:30 pm
- Room 201 from 2:30 – 3:15 pm
- Room 203 from 3:15 – 4:00 pm
- See Promotion letter from admin for more information.
Kinder promotion program – Friday 5/28
- Whole Grade Ceremony via Zoom from 10:00 – 10:30am (Link will be shared on 5/25)
- Individual Class Zoom from 10:30 – 11:00am
- After promotion activities (activities/time/location to be shared by Room Parents)
Class Assignments: Looking toward next year, we have made the decision to promote the class as a whole to the next grade, with the exception of 3rd grade. The students from the four 3rd grade classes will be reassigned into three 4th grade classes. The teacher assignment to each class will be determined and shared with families at a later date.
School start time: While nothing has been confirmed yet, we have been in conversation with the District about the possibility of a new start time of 8:40am for next school year. The District is evaluating all schools across the city and will let us know of any changes made which we will communicate with families when we know. If we are granted a later start time, we are exploring opportunities for before-school care to accommodate family needs.
Have a wonderful week this week! Stay safe and stay healthy.
Sending hugs and love,
Ms. Kasner and Ms. Page
五年级升级计划 – 5/26星期三
- 全年级典礼： 上午10:00-上午11:00通过Zoom举行（链接将于5/25共享）
- 亲自到学校 – FSK院子来领取纪念品和毕业文凭， 拍照留念
- 202室从1:45-2:30 pm
- 201室从2:30-3:15 pm
- 203室，从3:15-4:00 pm
- 全年级升级典礼 ： 10:00-10:30 am通过Zoom进行的（链接将于5/25共享）
- 各个班级ZOOM ： 10:30-11:00 am