Welcome to week 11! Last Friday, we had the opportunity to host a few Principals from our cohort who observed different classrooms at various grade levels. Walking our halls on a daily basis, we get to experience how joyful, independent, curious and respectful our students are and know that we are part of a very special community. But to hear from outsiders – from other schools’ Principals – that they experience the same while visiting our school, continues to show us that FSK truly is a remarkable community. This visit gave us the chance to hear input and feedback from our peers and help us reflect on our leadership practices. We continue to be so proud of the hard work and dedication of all our students and teachers.
During the past week, we also experienced our first major episode of rainy days! The students did a great job of staying safe while eating in the cafeteria and remaining flexible as we had to shift our normal routines and schedules. Thank you, families, for being patient and safe as we managed morning drop-off challenges as well.
Updates & Reminders:
1. Students-of-the-Month: Each month, we will recognize our students for their skills, strengths, and growth identified from various SFUSD Graduate Profile characteristics. This month, classroom teachers will nominate several students for their LEADERSHIP, EMPATHY & COLLABORATION. These students 1) effectively collaborate with their peers to achieve a common goal; 2) seek input and contributions from all team members; and 3) listen to different views and perspectives to make collaborative team decisions. We will recognize these students during the morning assembly on October 26th.
2. Our Halloween celebration is Friday 10/29: We will have a Halloween celebration and parade for our students & staff. In an effort to minimize crowding, we will not have parents/families participating in the parade or activities this year. If students choose to dress up, they should come to school in their costumes and please be mindful that they come in a costume that is comfortable and can be worn throughout the day. Remember – no weapons, fake blood or scary masks will be allowed. at school. We ask that students DO NOT bring any candy to school. If you would like to provide snacks for your child’s class, please check with your child’s teacher.
3. The Enrollment Fair is this week! SFUSD’s virtual enrollment fair is starting this week. Please see the flyer and website for more details. The Middle School Enrollment sessions will take place on Wednesday October 27th. For prospective FSK Families, our virtual enrollment sessions are on October 26th at 10a, 1p & 5p and November 17th, 6:30-7:30pm (see more info – Click Here). First round applications are due February 4, 2022. Make sure to mark all the dates on your calendar.
4. Science Sacks are back in action: Yay! Our Science Sacks team brought the program back to our students. Please see the attached info sheet for details.
Upcoming dates to remember:
- Friday October 29th: Halloween Celebration! Wear your (comfortable) costume to school.
- November 15th – November 19th: Parent Teacher conference week (*School gets out at 12:50pm everyday)
- November 22nd – November 26th: Thanksgiving Break, No School
Message from our PTA
- Join our PTA and advocate for all our students.
- Please Volunteer and help our community ~ we have many different areas where we would love your support.
- Follow the PTA on social media to get regular updates: Instagram and Facebook.
Hope you all have a great weekend. See you Monday morning!
Ms. Kasner & Ms. Page
今天，我们有机会接待了几位校长，他们参观了不同年级的不同教室。每天走在我们的大楼里，我们会体验到我们的学生是多么快乐、独立、好奇，懂得尊重，并且知道我们是这个非常特殊的社区的一部分。但是从外人——其他学校校长那里——听说他们在访问我们学校时也有同样的经历，再一次证明 FSK 确实是一个非凡的社区。今天让我们有机会听取同行的意见和反馈，并帮助我们反思我们的领导实践。我们为所有老师和学生们的辛勤工作和奉献精神感到自豪。
每月学生奖：每个月，我们都会表彰我们的学生从各种 SFUSD 毕业生档案特征中确定的技能、优势和成长。本月，课堂教师将提名学生在领导力、同理心和协作能力上的突出表现。这些学生 1) 与同龄人有效合作以实现共同目标； 2) 寻求所有团队成员的意见和贡献； 3) 听取不同的意见和观点，共同做出团队决策。我们将在 10 月 25 日星期一上午的聚会上认证这些学生。
我们的万圣节庆祝活动是在星期五， 10 月 29 日：我们将为我们的学生举办万圣节庆祝活动和游行 – 请在此处查看更多详细信息。为了尽量减少拥挤，今年我们不会请家长参加游行或活动。如果学生选择扮装，他们应该穿着他们的服装来学校，请注意他们穿着舒适且可以全天穿着的服装。请记住，不允许使用武器、假血或可怕的面具。我们要求学生不要带任何糖果到学校。如果您想为您孩子的班级提供零食，请咨询您孩子的老师。
下周招生会！：SFUSD 的虚拟招生会下周开始！请参阅传单和网站了解更多详情。 10 月 27 日（星期三）将举行初中招生交易会。第一轮申请截止日期为 2022 年 2 月 4 日。请务必标记您的日历。
Science Sacks回来了：耶！我们的 Science Sacks 团队已准备好将该计划带回我们的学生。有关详细信息，请参阅随附的信息表。
- 10 月 29日星期五：学校精神日 – 万圣节服装
- 11 月 15 日 – 11 月 19 日：家长教师会议周（* 学校每天下午 12:50 放学）
- 11 月 22 日 – 11 月 26 日：感恩节假期
来自 PTA 的消息
- 加入我们的 PTA 并为我们所有的学生发声。
- 在社交媒体上关注 PTA 以获取定期更新：Instagram 和 Facebook。