Hope you’re all enjoying Summer Break before we get ready to go back to school on August 16th (yes ~ it is just ONE week away!!!). Please see all the latest school updates in our August 8th FSK PTA Newsletter (scroll down or click here for PDF) and continue reading below for more important details because there is much to share.
This coming week there’s a mandatory Zoom Family Information Meeting on 8/12 for all families and our Step-Up to Kindergarten Orientation on 8/13 for Kinder/New families. Our school URGENTLY NEEDS VOLUNTEERS for our morning Stop, Drop & Go drop-off starting from August 16th onwards. If you haven’t signed up to join our new ParentSquare communication tool, please do so today! We’d love to see all our families and staff become members of our FSK PTA and show off your Pegasus pride with our logowear. Thank you!
Did you see these updates from our Principals and SFUSD?
–> To get our students ready for school, check out great tips from one of our students in this Video – CLICK HERE. (Top tip: label everything with your student’s name.) Reminder: FSK is a NUT-FREE environment.
–> SFUSD Packet: you may have received a booklet in the mail with important info on screening students’ health at home, reviewing & completing forms that need to be filled out (CLICK HERE), and other info needed to prepare for the school year: CLICK HERE for the digital version (in multiple languages).
–> FREE School Lunches will be delivered on-site by SFUSD Nutrition Services for ALL FSK Students who choose to eat a school-provided lunch, regardless of income – CLICK HERE for info.
1. Family Information Zoom Meeting ~ Mandatory! Thursday, August 12th, 7:00-8:00pm
Our Principals will be sharing important updates about the 2021-22 school year. This is a mandatory meeting for ALL FSK families; please log onto Zoom with this link emailed to you. Details were shared by our Principals in their August 2nd email with their letter (CLICK HERE).
2. Step-up to Kindergarten Orientation ~ Friday, August 13, 8:30-10:00am
Kindergarten and New students & parents/caregivers are invited to join us next Friday for our Orientation. Hope to see all our new students! Details were shared in the August 2nd email with a letter from our Principals.
3. Many VOLUNTEERS are needed for Stop, Drop & Go, Science Sack, and Outreach VP as soon as possible for this school year. Can you spare 30 minutes, an hour, or more? Would you like to know how you can support our wonderful school community? Please read below and email Dalyce & Jessie at firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you!
a. * Stop, Drop & Go Coordinators & Volunteers: we urgently need more parents/caregivers to volunteer for our daily morning drop-off at school; shifts are from 7:30-8:00am, M-F. Please SIGN UP ON THIS GOOGLE SHEET – CLICK HERE. We have no one signed up for the first day of school! We will not be able to ensure students’ safety at drop-off if we can’t get volunteers to help out. Kindly consider giving 30 minutes of your time to help in the mornings ~ many thanks!
b. Science Sack Volunteers: help sort and distribute take-home Science Sacks for students in Grades K-3 to further explore their love for science.
c. Outreach VP: join our PTA Board and help plan our school tours & play dates and reach out to prospective families.
4. ParentSquare Data Form
Our school will be using a new communication tool this coming school year ~ ParentSquare. Please take a few minutes to fill out the FORM – CLICK HERE – as soon as possible (in English, Spanish & Chinese) so we may add you to ParentSquare and ensure you will get all our school updates this year through this new communication tool. Thanks!
5. Are you a PTA Member yet? The easiest way to directly support our teachers, our school, and our children is to come together and join the FSK PTA. Please sign up on our FSK TOTEM Membership website – CLICK HERE . Questions? Please feel free to email email@example.com
6. Show your school spirit – purchase FSK logowear at myfsk.org/shop/ , including our cozy sweatshirts, beanies, masks & tees ranging in price from $5-35. Our Logowear Coordinator will follow up to get your ordered items to you soon. Let’s go, Pegasi!
7. After-School Program, 2021-22. Questions about our after-school program may be directed to our FSK Site Coordinator, Ms. Bel at firstname.lastname@example.org. An update to all our families was sent by email on August 6th from our Principals, SSC Chair, and PTA President (read the LETTER HERE). The understanding, flexibility, and patience from all our FSK families is greatly appreciated!
Questions? Please email email@example.com. Thank you!
We got this, FSK!