Happy Week 22! We want to start off by acknowledging what a difficult month it has been for many of us. We didn’t imagine starting off the Spring semester like this and we know there have been many adjustments along the way. However, on the bright side, we are seeing things settle down a bit and hoping to see things continue to improve. Thanks to all of your support and cooperation, we’re hopeful we can continue this trend.
To all our families who celebrate, we would like to wish you a very happy Lunar New Year. We know this is a very special weekend and we hope you are able to enjoy time celebrating and honoring your families safely. Get to know more about Lunar New Year — Ms. Wong has put together some fun Lunar New Year activities on the FSK learning site under the Technology, Art & Holiday Fun tab. Here is another great collection of stories, videos and activities about Lunar New Year traditions which Ms. Chan shared. ENJOY!
With this long weekend and the possibility of many families coming together to celebrate, we encourage you to stay as safe as possible and test your child before returning to school on Wednesday February 2nd. Please keep your child home if he or she is experiencing any symptoms. Thank you.
Please make note of the following updates & reminders:
- NO SCHOOL Monday 1/31 & Tuesday 2/1. We will see you at school on Wednesday 2/2.
- Spring Picture Day is coming up! Picture Day is Tuesday February 15th. See the flyer here for more information.
- Students of the Month: We were able to recognize our students in K-5 for their Growth Mindset this month! Check the link sent by email to see which students took home a certificate. Congratulations to all our nominees!
- Masking at school: All students and staff, as well as visitors/volunteers, are required to wear a mask when on-site at FSK. As we’ve seen, masks help prevent us from getting COVID-19. This is more important than ever with new, more easily transmitted variants of COVID-19, like Omicron. If possible, we recommend wearing a double-mask at school: KN94/ KN95/ Surgical mask as the first mask, and a cloth mask on top as the second mask to provide a better seal and ensure better fit to cover the mouth, nose and chin. We’ve already seen most of our staff and many students coming to school double-masked this month or have seen many staff/students switch from using cloth masks to using the KN94/ KN95 types of masks, which have more filtration layers and are a better fit. We’ve been providing surgical masks to many students who need them to help cover their faces properly. We are here to support all our students in staying safe while at school! Info about mask types and fittings from CA Department of Public Health can be seen at these websites:
- ATTENTION 5th Grade Families! If you have not submitted the application for middle school, you need to do so this week. The deadline is February 4th, 2022. Please see the website for more information and reach out if you have any questions.
Important dates to remember:
- Friday, February 4th: Middle School applications due
- Tuesday, February 15th: Spring Picture Day
- Monday, February 21st: No School – Presidents Day Holiday
Messages from our PTA:
- We welcome DONATIONS and VOLUNTEERS for our upcoming March Online Auction & Gala! Donations are due before February 25th, email our Chairs at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our Auction Webpage for more info. Many thanks for your support!
- Please VOLUNTEER to help out with Stop, Drop & Go, Auction/Gala, Art in Action, Science Sack, Garden, and other areas. Any time you can give is truly helpful for our students and staff. We are also looking for new BOARD MEMBERS for 2022-24…sign up HERE. Thank you!
We hope you enjoy the weekend and please stay safe! See you Wednesday morning.
Ms. Kasner & Ms. Page
对于我们所有庆祝农历新年的家庭，祝大家新年快乐！健康如意！希望您和家人能够安全地庆祝这个节日。了解更多关于农历新年的信息，Wong 老师在 FSK 学习网站上的科技、艺术和假期乐趣选项卡下整理了一些有趣的农历新年活动。这是陈女士分享的另一个关于农历新年传统的精彩故事、视频和活动。请享用！。鉴于这个长周末以及许多家庭聚在一起庆祝的可能性，我们鼓励您在 2 月 2 日星期三返回学校之前尽可能保持安全并测试您的孩子。如果您的孩子出现任何症状，请让他或她留在家中。谢谢你。
- 1 月 31 日星期一和 2 月 1 日星期二不上课。我们将于 2 月 2 日星期三在学校见。
- 春季照片日来了！图片日是 2 月 15 日星期二。请参阅此处的传单了解更多信息。
- 本月学生奖：本月我们能够认可我们 K-5 学生的成长心态！查看哪些学生获得了证书。祝贺我们所有的提名者！
- 在学校戴口罩：所有学生和教职员工以及访客/志愿者在 FSK 校园时都必须戴口罩。正如我们所见，口罩有助于防止我们感染 COVID-19。对于像 Omicron 这样更容易传播的新型 COVID-19 变体，这一点比以往任何时候都更加重要。如果可能，我们建议在学校佩戴双层口罩：KN94/ KN95/ 外科口罩作为第一个口罩，顶部的布口罩作为第二个口罩，以提供更好的密封性并确保更好地遮盖嘴、鼻子和下巴。我们已经看到我们的大部分员工和许多学生本月来学校都戴着双重口罩，或者看到许多员工/学生从使用布制口罩转为使用 KN94/KN95 类型的口罩，这些口罩具有更多的过滤层并且是更适合。我们一直在为许多需要它们以帮助正确遮盖面部的学生提供外科口罩。我们在这里支持所有学生在学校期间保持安全！加州公共卫生部提供的有关口罩类型和配件的信息：
- 五年级家庭注意！如果你还没有提交中学申请，你应该尽快提交。截止日期为 2022 年 2 月 4 日。请访问网站了解更多信息，如有任何问题，请联系我们。
2 月 4 日星期五：中学申请截止日期
2 月 15 日，星期二：春季图片日
2 月 21 日，星期一：没有学校 – 总统节假期
来自 PTA 的消息
- 我们欢迎捐款和志愿者参加我们即将举行的三月在线拍卖和晚会！ 捐款截止日期为 2 月 25 日，请发送电子邮件至我们的主席：email@example.com。 请访问我们的拍卖网页了解更多信息。 非常感谢您的支持！
- 请自愿在 Stop、Drop & Go、Auction/Gala、Art in Action、Science Sack、Garden 和其他领域提供帮助。 您可以给予的任何时间都对我们的学生和教职员工真正有帮助。 我们还在寻找 2022-24 年的新董事会成员……在这里注册。 谢谢！