After School Learning Program (ASLP)
The After School Learning Program (ASLP) is committed to creating a safe and engaging space for youth to grow their skills and interests, express creativity and be involved in their community. In addition to academic support, enrichment classes and physical education, our program incorporates intentional community building with a focus on equity and inclusion. We partner with day school administration and staff to provide a continuum of learning that makes After School the best place to be once the bell rings!
APPLICATIONS FOR 2020-21
- Due Friday, June 5, 2020.
- Acceptances will be notified by email by Tuesday, June 30, 2020. Your child will automatically be put on our waitlist if not accepted.
- Payments WILL NOT be accepted at this time. We will email when payments will be due.
For new families to ASLP, please follow the instructions in the attachment.
- Go to https://bacr.force.com/
- Create Account – Select (School) – (Step 1 in the attachment)
- Complete information on each page and select “submit” on the bottom of the page.
For returning ASP families, please follow these instructions:
- Go to https://bacr.force.com/
- Sign into your account – If you are having trouble signing in, please contact your coordinators for assistance
- Select “New Registration”
- Select School Site and 2020/2021 School Year
- Verify/Update information on each page and select “submit” on the bottom of the page.
The After School Learning Program (ASLP) at Francis Scott Key Elementary is open every school day from 1:50pm to 6:00pm. Parents are able to pick up their child at 4pm, 5pm, and 5:45pm each day. Francis Scott Key Elementary is located at 1530 43rd Avenue, San Francisco, California 94122.
CONTACT: For more information, please email Francis Scott Key’s Afterschool Site Coordinator, Bel Estiva, or Assistant Site Coordinator, Hélène Szabados, or Family Engagement Coordinator, Caley Akridge.
A typical day at FSK starts at 1:50pm day school is dismissed. K-2nd Grade Program leaders pick up their students from the classroom, while 3rd-5th Graders are released to the yard where they will meet their ASLP group and Program Leader in a designated zone. For the remainder of the day, students adhere to the following schedule:
|K-2nd Grade||3rd-5th Grade|
|1:50-2:00pm Sign In||1:50-2:00pm Sign In|
|2:00p-2:30pm Supper||2:00-2:30pm Recreation|
|2:30-3pm Recreation||2:30-3pm Supper|
|3-4pm Enrichment Club||3-4pm Homework|
|4-5pm Homework||4p-5pm Enrichment Club|
|5-5:15pm Snack||5-5:15pm Snack|
|5:15-5:45pm Recess||5:15-5:45pm Recess|
|5:45-6p Sign Out||5:45-6pm Sign Out|
During supper, our students are provided a healthy meal option and the opportunity to share community time with their ASLP group. We encourage health-focused foods at ASLP! Please help us by packing nutritious snacks and drinks from home that help our students keep up their energy.
Following supper and structured Recreation and game time led by Program leaders, the remaining part of our day includes Homework Assistance, Club Hour and Recess.
- Homework Assistance- A structured environment for students to work ion their homework both independently and collaboratively with the assistance of Program Leaders.
- Enrichment Clubs- Program Leaders create and facilitate lesson plans that promote student’s social & emotional skill development, problem solving, creativity, and engagement in their communities. Clubs run on an 8-week rotation, giving students the opportunity to experience 3 different areas of interest and engagement throughout the year.
- Recreation- Structured playtime for students, led by Program Leaders, that promotes active lifestyle choices, teamwork and leadership.
Monday through Friday all of our students get the opportunity to participate in enrichment clubs that are created and led by Program Leaders and trusted independent subcontracts. Some of our previous clubs have included: Cooking, Theatre Arts, Marine Biology, Academic Chess, Film Making, Lion Dance, and Newspaper Club. In addition to Enrichment Clubs run by staff, we also offer our popular existing language programs (fee-based); Mandarin and Spanish.
ASLP holds various events for our students and families to attend throughout the year, such as Lights On Afterschool!, Winter and Spring student showcases, carnivals and celebrations. We hope to bring the entire FSK community together during these events. Please look for communication from our Coordinator about special dates throughout the school year!