It’s Week 5 of School and we continue to have many great ways to bring our wonderful community together. Check out this week’s Newsletter for all the latest updates and info on how you can be involved.
Reminder: Wednesdays are EARLY Dismissal Days (pick up is 12:50pm for students not in the after-school program) and Fridays are Spirit Days. Show your school spirit by wearing YELLOW to school this Friday 9/17 (hint: wearing Gold FSK tees would show off double school spirit).
1. Back to School Fundraiser to Support FSK:
We love seeing all our students enjoy our new outdoor lunch tables and our garden, which is now being watered with our new super-cool irrigation system that’s water-efficient. We’d like to continue appreciating our Staff with coffee and lunches, and also provide classroom supplies, grade-level funding, and more! These are just a few examples of how donating to our PTA can provide support to every student and educator/staff member. Please consider contributing any amount you’re able to give to support our amazing school.
2. Become a FSK PTA Member today! Can YOU help us get to 250 members this year??? Our PTA models the kind of local civic engagement that even the youngest children notice. If we want them to grow into active, engaged community members, what better way than to show them what that looks like in their own backyard? Think global, act local. It takes only 3 minutes to become a FSK PTA Member online and become an advocate for all our students; please visit:
3. Volunteers Needed!
Can you spare 30 minutes, an hour, or more to help our community? Please check your email or ParentSquare for the Volunteer spreadsheet and add your name in any of the areas by clicking on the sheet tabs at the top or bottom of the file. Thank you!
*** Crossing Guard Position for 43rd Ave/Lawton St crosswalk: special call for anyone in our community who’d be willing to take on a paid, crossing guard role for our FSK community. Click Here for job information and please specify you’d like to help out at the FSK crosswalk on 43rd/Lawton.
4. September 17th, 6:00pm, ELAC Meeting
Our first English Learner Advisory Committee meeting of this school year will be held this Friday, 17th at 6:00pm on our school yard. Please email Mrs. Kusuma by today 9/14 evening to RSVP. We hope you can join us!
5. September 23rd, 6:30pm, General PTA Meeting. Join us for our virtual PTA Meeting on Thursday 9/23 for another awesome community discussion. We’ll be VOTING on our PTA budget for the year and sharing important school and event updates. Don’t miss out!
6. September 23rd ~ School Site Council Nomination Due.
The SSC needs your help to fill 2 upcoming vacant seats on our School Site Council. If you are interested in joining, fill out and return the self-nomination form by 9/23. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any other questions. Email SSC Chair, Catherine: email@example.com.
We got this, FSK!