What a memorable week 34 we’ve had and a busy beginning to May. It’s AAPI Heritage Month. Thank you all for a spectacular two weeks showing Appreciation for our Teachers & Staff, with two more weeks to continue the gratitude thru this month. Many of you are getting ready to celebrate all of the amazing MOTHERS and Mother Figures in our community…Happy Mother’s Day! Later this month, we’ll celebrate our Kinder and 5th Graders in their virtual Promotion ceremonies, as well as Memorial Day. Phew!
Please check out this week’s PTA updates in our NEWSLETTER (see below or cilck on the arrow to download) and please read through the Highlights & Gratitude below. We also have the May FSK After-School Newsletter and you may fill out their Interest Form for Fall, 2021 if you’d like to learn about in-person, after-school updates for the next school year. And, as always, you can find updates at all our websites: myfsk.org; facebook.com/FSKschool;
In-person learner families ~ please continue to keep safety a priority when dropping off and picking up your students on-site. See Page 4 of the Newsletter for Safety Guidelines and a Map. Thanks!
1. Room 209, 3rd Grade Detective Agency. We are so impressed by four 3rd grade students who put together a class detective agency to help their school peers. On their first day on the case, they solved the case of a missing jacket of a 1st grader and found it quickly in one afternoon. Way to go, Rm 209 students!
a. SUPPORT OUR SCHOOL:
Donate online today and support all our students at: bit.ly/fskdonate . Thank you!
b. Show your spirit – purchase FSK LOGOWEAR, including our new Adult masks, at https://myfsk.org/shop/ We have a special pick-up day on Friday 5/14 at 9:35-10am and 2:40-3:30p if you order your logowear online and add “pick-up day” in the notes by May 13th.
c. Enter your Volunteer Hours: Click here to log your volunteer time. Thank you!
2. May 8th, 10am-2pm: School Pictures for Distance Learners; please enter the yard from the gate on 42nd Avenue between 10a-2pm (masks/distancing enforced). Visit https://my.lifetouch.com and enter Picture ID EVTTCCWPT to order and pay for photos by Monday, May 10th.
3. Now thru May 21, Teacher/Staff Appreciation:
Our Spring Season of Appreciation keeps going for all our FSK teachers and staff thru May 21. The PTA shared a special lunch treat and gift with our staff this week. We love seeing our community shower our staff with beautiful cards, emails, videos, flowers, plants, homemade treats, and more sweet gifts of gratitude ~ way to go, FSK!
4. May 10-14, Bike & Roll Week:
CLICK HERE for more details. This year’s SF Bike & Roll Week celebration organized by the SF Bicycle Coalition, is for students city-wide to celebrate getting around under your own power. This year there are two main activities for your students to participate in: the Five Senses Challenge and the Bike and Roll Week 2021 Art Contest, deadline May 28th.
5. May 20th, 6:30pm ~ Last PTA General Meeting!!! This is it, FSK…our last meeting of this school year. Don’t miss out on the chance to win a gift card, get a sneak peek at our straw budget for next year, ask Principal Kasner questions, and have fun while connecting with others in our community! The zoom link will be shared by email next week.
THANKS SO MUCH to our Principals, Teachers & Staff for being absolute rockstars ~ you truly amaze us with all that you do for our students and families! We greatly appreciate you all!
A BIG thanks to our students & families for showering our wonderful teachers and staff with love & gratitude during our Season of Appreciation!
Thank you to our PTA Board for leading our PTA and keeping our community spirit positive during a challenging year amidst the pandemic! We want to give a special shout out to Emily LaTourrette and Brendon O’Neill for their fabulous 2 years of bringing our community closer in their roles of VP of Fundraising and VP of Membership ~ thank you both so much!
Have a lovely weekend and Happy Mother’s Day.
Leave a Reply