It’s your favorite time of the week ~ Friday Newsletter day! We’ve got a few updates in this week’s Newsletter (please read or download the PDF below) and the Highlights below before we wrap up our school year in just TWO.MORE.DAYS! Please note that Monday 5/31 is a school holiday in observance of Memorial Day.
Please take a few minutes to read details of our update below with info on today’s ELAC Meeting, requesting volunteer Program Coordinators, donating to our school (we have $1,500 left to raise to meet our annual goal!), volunteering for drop-off safety (we need to fill 6 more spots), and our Summer Passport program kicks off next month with Franco’s Latin Table (calling FSK community-owned businesses, join our program this Summer, email Emily for more info)!
This week has been a special one with our 5th Graders’ Promotion on Wednesday and our Kinder students’ Promotion today ~ congrats on your promotions! It’s time for all of our staff, students, and families to celebrate making it through this year ~ we did it together, FSK and we are grateful for each and every one of you!!!
1. Our English Learner Advisory Committee Meeting is TODAY at 5:30pm! Please email Mrs. Kusuma or visit our webpage for details.
2. We are looking for THREE (or SIX) VOLUNTEERS to fill these important roles for 2021-22. Without Coordinators and volunteers, we cannot run these programs and upcoming events for our school. Please email Kai by June 30th if interested; email@example.com .
a. Stop Drop and Go Coordinator (or 2 co-coordinators): Works with a team of volunteers to ensure safety at morning drop-off
b. Volunteer Coordinator (or 2 co-coordinators): Help sign-up volunteers for events all school year
c. Science Sack Program Coordinator (or 2 co-coordinators): Coordinate the Science Sack program for K-3 students
3. May 28 – June 2: 6 MORE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!We would like a few more volunteers to safely guide students at morning drop-offs and afternoon pick-ups for our last couple of days of school, from 9:10am-9:35am, or 2:20-2:40pm (Weds, 1:15-1:35p). Please sign-up on our Volunteer Sheet shared by email. Or, feel free to email Dalyce at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
4. DONATE TO FSK ~ SUPPORT OUR STUDENTS & STAFF:
Donate online today at bit.ly/fskdonate
Our community is incredible – with everyone pitching in, we hope to raise the remaining $1,500 we need for our wonderful public school to meet its annual goal this year!!! Your donation goes 100% towards classroom supplies, software licenses for 560 students to have access to online programs, and more PPE (wipes, masks, sanitizer). Thanks for your support of our school!
5. Purchase Logowear: Show your school spirit and get ready for our foggy Summer in the city by purchasing warm and cozy FSK LOGOWEAR online at myfsk.org/shop/ including our cozy sweatshirts, beanies, masks & tees. Our Logowear Coordinator, Adrienne, will follow up with you to get your ordered items to you.
6. Join & Share ~ PTA Membership:
We love️ our PTA Members! We have 200 members so far and don’t mind having a few more this year OR new members may PRE-REGISTER for the upcoming school year!
7. FSK Passport, Summer Edition: We are excited to kick-off our Summer 2021 Passport program partnering with Franco’s Latin Table, June 11-13. Check out our FB and IG pages for updates starting next week. —-> *** Do you have a FSK family- or staff-owned, local business and want to work with us in our Summer or Fall 2021 Passport program? We support your local, small business and you donate to our school ~ it’s a win-win!!! If interested, please Email our Fundraising VP, Emily, at email@example.com by June 15th.
Hope you take the time to enjoy the long weekend and Happy Memorial Day.