Here is your Tuesday Morning message from Ms. Kasner and Ms. Page. We hope you and your families were able to enjoy a relaxing long weekend!
Happy week 7 of Phase 3 Distance Learning. Can you believe we only have 6 days of school left? We know this wasn’t the end of a school year we had anticipated, but we continue to be so proud of all your hard work, compassion, patience and flexibility. We feel so lucky to be a part of such a wonderful community! Before we end the school year, we dedicate the month of May to celebrate our families for volunteering more than 4,000 hours this year to support our school. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Please see the short VIDEO we put together to show our appreciation!
The updates for this week are as follows:
Kinder Promotion Zoom will be this Friday 5/29 @ 10:00. You should have received an invitation via email and will be receiving the Zoom invite by this Thursday. See you there Kinders!
5th Grade Promotion & End-of-Year activities : 5th Grade promotion Zoom will be on Monday June 1st @ 10:00. Here are a few things to know:
- Promotion Zoom Link and Access for students: we will share the link with families this weekend. To ensure all our students and immediate families have access to the promotion, we ask the students to log-into Zoom at 9:45 am.
- Promotion Zoom Link and Access for extended families: We understand there are many folks who would love to participate in the graduation ceremony, however, because we have a maximum capacity for Zoom meetings, we are asking that all 5th grade families only share the invitation with ONE other extended family (eg: grandparents, aunt, uncle, etc.), and ask the extended families to logon at 9:55 am.
- 5th grade teachers will communicate with families on protocol and procedures regarding promotion day.
The PTA is hosting a Graduation Drive-through on June 2nd and 3rd. Each 5th grader is welcome to drive by our school yard to pick up a gift bag & 5th grade sweatshirt (if you don’t have it already) during your designated time slot! Please check your email from your Room Parent, teacher, or email LIZA for more details. ***PARENTS, if you are able to volunteer for this event, please CLICK HERE TO Sign-Up.***
Items to return: Since the 5th grade students will move on to middle school, please return to following items to school during your Graduation Drive-through time:
- School Library books
- Instrument borrowed from school
- Chromebook – if you do not need it during the summer or you are leaving SFUSD, you should return it to FSK. If you would like to use it for learning during the summer, you may keep it until school starts in August.
*If you are not able to drop off your items at your designated drive-through time, please inform Ms. Page (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ms. Kasner (email@example.com) IMMEDIATELY to coordinate a different time to drop off items.
For all K – 4th graders: Chromebooks are yours to borrow throughout the summer. 4th grade students may keep their instruments until we return to school.
End-of-Year check-in: Some of you may have already been in touch with your child’s teacher or an FSK staff member. This week, teachers and staff will continue to conduct the end-of-year check-ins with each family to see how you are doing. Phone calls may say “No Caller ID” but staff members will state their name and title from FSK. You will be asked how you and your family are doing and what support you may need for learning at home. After speaking with a staff member, if you have any further questions or need any further support, you may call the District’s Family Resource Link at (415) 340-1716 or visit them online.
ParentVUE: We highly encourage you to activate your ParentVUE if you haven’t done so already. On the website, you may access important information about your child, including report cards! Please see the link on how to activate your ParentVUE account or how to access report cards in ParentVUE. If you do not know your ParentVUE activation code, you may contact Family Portal for assistance.
After School Learning Program Registration for 2020-2021 announcement. Please also view this announcement to support the After School Program with proposed 2020-20201 budget cuts.
***Applications for 2020-2021 School Year are due Friday, June 5, 2020.*** Acceptances will be notified by email by Tuesday, June 30, 2020. Your child will automatically be put on our waitlist if not accepted. Payments WILL NOT be accepted at this time. We will email when payments will be due.
For new families to ASLP, please follow the instructions in the attachment.
- Go to https://bacr.force.com/afterschool/s/
- Create Account – Select (School) – (Step 1 in the attachment)
- Complete information on each page and select “submit” on the bottom of the page.
For returning ASLP families, please follow these instructions:
- Go to https://bacr.force.com/afterschool/s/
- Sign into your account – If you are having trouble signing in, please contact your coordinators for assistance
- Select “New Registration”
- Select School Site and 2020/2021 School Year
- Verify/Update information on each page and select “submit” on the bottom of the page.
We hope you all have a wonderful last week of school! Sending you all hugs and love,
Ms. Kasner and Ms. Page
Next round of PK-2nd Grade Learning Kits: Please find the final versions of the six packets (English and Spanish) to be mailed, below.
Print-based materials for K – 5
Grade 1_English_All Students – Final.pdf
Grade 2_English_All Students – Final.pdf
Kindergarten_English_All Students – Final.pdf
New SFUSD Family Resource Link provides families a place to call or email their questions.
FSK Social Emotional and Enrichment Resource List
SFUSD Pandemic Resource List
PPS-SF Tips for at-home learning from expert Zaretta Hammond & Join our upcoming event “Building Resiliency for Success: Supporting Social-Emotional Learning during COVID-19”, on May 13 at 4 PM PT
Check out California Surgeon General, Dr. Nadine Burke Harris’ Playbooks for managing stress during COVID 19.
The Family Technology Tutorials playlist contains videos to guide students and families with Google Classroom, Seesaw, Zoom, Family Portal, and more! You can discover additional technology resources for SFUSD families at: sfusd.edu/familytechnology.
After School Program daily Weekly Schedule & Zoom classes link in the email message from Ms. Bel and Ms. Kasner. All students are welcome to participate. ASLP coordinator, Bel Estiva’s contact: Phone 415-531-3934 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ms. Kasner and Ms. Page’s Office Hour: Thursday, 11:00 – 12:00 (Zoom Link in Tuesday’s email)
Tuesday Morning Video Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X4RxT0IPNRn293wjZa2D-LBQHgV6G0Gl/view
Leave a Reply