Good morning FSK students, families and staff,
Happy Week 4!
We hope you enjoyed your long weekend and had some extra time to relax.
Many of you may have heard the news from our Mayor London Breed regarding the potential opening of schools sometime in October. While there is no definite plan, we want to take this opportunity to share with you what we know. As a community, students’, families’ and staff safety is of utmost importance. We understand how the needs of individual families vary and we are working closely as a community to monitor and help our families based on our tiered systems of support we have put in place. Based on our school data and our families’ needs, as well as the guidelines and conditions for the safe reopening of our school, we believe it is in our community’s best interest to continue our distance learning as is. We will keep our community informed as we are given further guidance from the District and Health Department. For further information, please review the SFUSD In Person/Hybrid Learning Plan FAQ sheet using this link.
Celebrate Grandparents Day in FSK Style! For the first time, we won’t be able to host Grandparents Day at our school. To keep the tradition, our wonderful Grandparents Day Co-Chairs, Caroline Parker & Dalyce Bubemyre, sent a message via the FSK Discussion list to welcome our families to participate in the safe, distanced event on Sunday, Sept 13: Grandparents Day Walk and Roll throughout the day from 9:00 am – 7:00 pm by running, strolling, or rolling along on the beautiful Great Highway. Please see important details on our FSK website.
We hope you enjoy another week full of inquiry, critical thinking and fun! Thank you again to the students & families who have visited our Virtual Office! Please check out a short video from Ms. Kasner and Ms. Page
Some reminders for this week:
1. If your child is an English Learner, you should have received an email from Ms. Kasner last week regarding picking up a workbook for your child. Please come to school this Wednesday 9/9 or Thursday 9/10 between 10:00am-2:00pm to pick it up. You may enter the school building through the main entrance on 43rd Ave.
2. Due to safety precautions, this will be the last week we have access to our building site until further notice. If you need help with swapping your device, picking up a hot spot or other supplies, you will need to schedule a time to come to school before Friday 9/11. Please reach out to Ms. Kasner or Ms. Page to schedule a time.
3. Our FSK staff is still continuing our first round of official Wellness Check-ins. If you haven’t been contacted already, you will be contacted this week by your child’s teacher or another FSK staff member to check in with your family and see how you are doing during Distance Learning. If you need immediate support or resources, please do not hesitate to reach out to Ms. Kasner, Ms. Page or Ms. Hong (our school social worker) or visit the Family Resource Page here.
4 Our FSK literacy specialist, Missy Keadle will be offering some family Literacy workshops during the month of September! While we are planning, we would like to hear more about your literacy needs. Please fill out this short survey if you have any ideas or questions! You may also view our FSK Literacy website here. There will be 4 different sessions throughout September based on various grade levels and areas of focus. There is no need to sign up! We hope to see you there! Please see the schedule below:
- Thursday 9/10 from 5:00-6:00 pm // 3-5 Reading workshop (https://sfusd.zoom.us/j/89503557934?pwd=SFpXQWNibytNUzhyRXpWSWFwc25pQT09; password: Literacy)
- Thursday 9/17 from 5:00-6:00 pm // K-2 Writing workshop (Zoom link coming soon)
- Thursday 9/24 from 5:00-6:00 pm // 3-5 Writing workshop (Zoom link coming soon)
5. Lastly, we would like to create more opportunities for students to connect with us directly. We have created a space for students to visit and hang out with us. If you visit our virtual office, you can see our office link and hours. We will post the date and time in our Hang out Room and welcome students to “stop by” and have lunch with us. Meanwhile, if your child would like to “Ask your principals a question”, they can click on the link and type in the question on the slide. Please remember to leave your name and classroom number!
Wish you another wonderful learning week!
Sending you all big hugs and love,
Ms. Kasner and Ms. Page
我们希望您度过了一 个 快乐的长周末，并有更多的时间放松身心。
以FSK风格庆祝祖父母节！我们将第一次无法在学校举办“祖父母节”。为了保持传统，我们出色的祖父母节委员会的Caroline Parker& Dalyce Bubemyre已通过FSK Discussion list 发送了一条消息，欢迎我们的家人参加9月13日星期日的活动：祖父母节庆祝从上午9:00开始到-晚上7:00，在美丽的Great Highway 上跑步，漫步或滚动。请在我们的FSK网站上查看详细信息。
- 9/10 星期四从5:00 – 6:00 pm // 3-5年级阅读研讨会，Zoom 链接（密码：Literacy）
- 9/17星期四5:00 – 6:00 pm// K-2年级写作研讨会, Zoom 链接即将推出
- 9/24星期四5:00 – 6:00 pm // 3-5年级写作研讨会, Zoom 链接即将推出