Happy Week 13! We hope you enjoyed the weekend and took a moment to do something that brought a smile to your face. We are quickly approaching the holiday season and have lots going on over these next couple of months. Please pay attention to our upcoming dates and announcements! You can also get updates from our FSK website and our social media pages, Facebook & Instagram; our PTA Board does a great job of keeping you updated daily!
Some reminders for this week:
1. Here are some important dates for the rest of November:
a. Veteran’s Day is this week, Wednesday, November 11th. There will be NO SCHOOL (NO ZOOM classes) as we commemorate all those who have served and continue to serve.
b. Next week (11/16 – 11/20) is Parent-Teacher Conference week! Your child’s teacher has sent you a schedule to sign up for your conference. Please mark your calendar! You will use your teacher’s Zoom to meet and discuss your child’s progress. Your child’s teacher will also conduct the second round of Wellness Checks to check-in with you and your family and see how you’re doing. Please let your teacher know if there is anything you need from us.
c. Thanksgiving break will be from Monday November 23rd to Friday November 27th. Classes will resume Monday, November 30th.
2. Due to Parent-Teacher conferences being online this year, all guardians will need to activate your ParentVUE accounts in order to see your child’s progress report. Please make sure your account is activated! Check this link to see how to activate your account and how to view your child’s progress report. You may email Ms. Page (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions about how to activate your account.
3. Looking ahead, the last day of Fall semester will be Friday 12/18. Winter break will take place from Monday December, 21st – Monday January, 4th. Classes will resume on Tuesday January 5th, 2021.
4 Attention 5th grade families! The SFUSD Enrollment Fair is taking place this week! Please check out this attached flyer for the Virtual Enrollment Fair on November 12 for middle school. Due to our current circumstances and Distance Learning, all Middle School applications will happen online! Be sure to apply by February 5, 2021. Please make sure your ParentVUE account is activated so you can apply for schools online! Please email Ms. Page (email@example.com) if you have any questions about activating your ParentVUE account.
- To learn about SFUSD’s different Middle Schools, schools are hosting virtual Town Halls to replace tables at the fair. Please visit the website to find the Zoom link for the school’s Town Hall meeting, as well as a school video!
5. Grab & Go Meals are still available for SFUSD students and their siblings. Pick-up dates and times changed this week (Tuesdays starting November 10th). View locations and more information at sfusd.edu/schoolfood. Download Grab & Go Calendar.
6. Visit the SFUSD technology resources page at sfusd.edu/familytechnology for links to instructional videos, recorded webinars, and information on SFUSD technology tools and platforms during distance learning.
Wishing everyone an engaging and exciting week of learning! Stay safe and stay kind.
Sending you all big hugs and love,
Ms. Kasner and Ms. Page
5. SFUSD学生及其兄弟姐妹仍可使用Grab＆Go Meals。在sfusd.edu/schoolfood中查看位置和更多信息。下载Grab & Go Calendar日历。
6. 请访问sfusd.edu/familytechnology 上的SFUSD技术资源页面，以获取指向教学视频，录制的网络研讨会以及远程学习期间SFUSD技术工具和平台的信息的链接。