Welcome to Week 32! We would like to send an enormous thank you to all our families, parent volunteers, students and staff for an incredible first week back on-site. We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we worked hard to monitor and adjust our new school safety systems. We also want to send a HUGE appreciation to our amazing teachers. This week, our K-2 and SpED teachers embarked on a brand new journey of learning how to teach both in-person and online…simultaneously! Our teachers are rockstars! We look forward to having all our students and teachers in K-5G working and learning in community together this week.
Please be mindful of SAFE practices for drop-off, intake/screening, and pick-up every day. We are lucky to have awesome volunteers helping to keep our STUDENTS SAFE at all times; please be respectful and follow their guidance during these busy times.
Please review the following points for important updates.
- A reminder that the school day for Gen Ed in-person students is from 9:30am – 2:30pm; except for Wednesdays which is from 9:30am – 1:30pm.
- For intake and dismissal, we have been working much more quickly than anticipated! For intake starting this week, we will open our doors at 9:20am. For dismissal, we will begin dismissing students at 1:20pm on Wednesdays for K-3 and 2:20pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays for K-5 Gen Ed.
- For students joining us in-person, please try your best to have your child at school every day. If your child is sick, notify the office and we will mark your child absent. Also, for the remainder of this school year, students will not be marked as “tardy”. Please try your best to be on time and continue to follow traffic safety rules when arriving at school.
- Remember that 4th and 5th graders are in 2 cohorts. Cohort A students come to school Mondays and Tuesdays. Cohort B students come to school Thursdays and Fridays. ALL 4th and 5th grade students are online on Wednesdays.
Intake & Dismissal Locations:
- All intake and dismissal locations will be the same for your student.
- For Kinder families: Beginning this week (4/19), we will have all four Kindergarten classes entering from the main entrance on 43rd Ave. Rooms 106 (Lorenz) & 107 (Thai) will line up on the South side of the building (the same place students line up during dismissal) and rooms 104 (Lee) & 105 (Cuper) will line up on the North side of the building (the same place students line up during dismissal). Also, Kinder families: starting this week, you will not need to bring your child’s name card when picking up your child.
- For K-5 students biking to school: students who bike to school will now use the South Gate on 43rd Avenue. All students who bike to school will be screened and enter through this gate in the morning. At dismissal, when families are picking up, please meet your child at this gate.
- For 1st – 3rd grade families: When you are picking up at the main gate on 42nd Avenue, please line up according to the map – rooms 101 (Delaney), 102 (Reber), 215 (Lam), 216 (Lai), 217 (Phong) line up on the North side of the Main Gate // rooms 207 (Quinn), 208 (Chung/Mimski), 209 (Chan) 210 (Johnson), 130 (Liu), 131 (Farshchi) line up on the South side of the Main Gate.
- Siblings should join their youngest sibling’s intake & dismissal location so families are dropping off and picking up from one location. If you have special circumstances (picking up multiple children due to shared care, etc.), please email your child’s teacher so they are aware. Please also communicate this with your child so they are aware of the pick up plan.
Traffic and Safety:
For safety reasons, please remember to drop your child off on the SCHOOL SIDE of the street. If you are parking to walk your child to the gate, please make sure you follow traffic and parking laws. In order to keep our students and families safe, we cannot block neighbors’ driveways, double park or jaywalk. We have many District and parent volunteers (wearing orange vests!) who are helping us with traffic for these next couple weeks. Please be kind and respectful, and remember that volunteers are helping keep us all SAFE.
Student Testing for COVID:
- Color Lab will be offering optional in-person testing for students at FSK this Tuesday, April 20th from 9:00am – 3:30pm on the school yard, near the 42nd Avenue gate.
- For students who are not on campus Tuesday 4/20, if you would like your child to be tested, please register and come to campus between 11:00am – 2:00pm.
- If you would like your child to be tested, you must register first using this LINK (Chinese / Spanish). You DO NOT need to be tested at the appointment time given to you. Please note that the clinicians will not be on site at FSK until 9:00am.
- Free school lunch is offered to every student returning to in-person. There is no need to pre-register for receiving a school lunch. Your child may simply let the teacher know they will need a school lunch for that day.
- Due to the limited number of vegetarian entrees we receive from the District, we can only offer vegetarian entrees to students who are vegetarian. For this reason, please let your child’s teacher know if your child is a vegetarian or has any other dietary restrictions so that we can make sure to order the appropriate quantity.
School Photos, 4/20 – 5/8:
We have scheduled school photo opportunities for our students through LifeTouch. Please ORDER and PAY for your photos online ahead of your student’s picture day, below. Visit https://my.lifetouch.com and enter our FSK Picture Day ID: EVTZ2NTGJ .
- Kinder – 2nd Grade, & Special Education classes : 4/20 & 4/22
- 3rd – 5th Grade : 5/4 & 5/6
- Distance Learning only students : Saturday 5/8
Info from SFUSD
- Reminder – Summer Together
SFUSD will be offering some SFUSD families free, in-person and virtual summer opportunities through DCYF. General registration will begin on May 8. Visit the website for updates: Summer Together website .
- For In-Person Families: Possible Schedule Shifts Due to Limited Substitute Availability. SFUSD has limited available substitute teachers to cover the classrooms when teachers are out. If we do not receive sub by 4:00pm, we will notify the families and the class will be switched to DL (distance learning) the following day.
- Vaccine Eligibility Now Open for Ages 16+: All people age 16 and over in San Francisco are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Please schedule an appointment using this link: SF.gov/getvaccinated. People under 18 can only get the Pfizer vaccine, and need permission from a parent or guardian to be vaccinated. Make sure the site you choose has the Pfizer vaccine.
A Message from our PTA
1. PTA General Meeting, April 20th, 6:30pm: Don’t miss our next PTA community meeting this Tuesday, April 20th from 6:30-8:00pm; we will be VOTING on 3 new Board Members and providing important school updates as we continue to open back on-site for our in-person learners. Zoom link shared by email .
2. URGENT ~ MORE VOLUNTEERS Needed to help with Morning Drop-Off from 4/19 – 6/2; link shared by email.
3. Weekly PTA Newsletter, 4/16/21: CLICK HERE
Have a wonderful week this week! We look forward to seeing some of you on campus soon and we’ll see our Distance Learners at 8:30am on Zoom!
Sending hugs and love,
Ms. Kasner and Ms. Page
提醒您，普通学生们的上课时间为9:30 am-2:30 pm；除了星期三的9:30 am-1:30 pm。
对于到校和离校的时间，我们比预期需要的时间要快得多！对于本周开始的入校时间，我们将在上午9:20开门。下课的时间，K-3的学生，将在每周三的1:20 pm 下学，K-5 的学生，周一，周二，周四和周五在2:20 pm下课。
对于一年级至三年级的家庭：在第42大街的正门接您时，请根据地图排队-101室（德拉尼），102室（里伯），215层（拉姆），216层（赖），217号（Phong）在正门的北侧排成一列// //房间207（Quinn），208（Chung / Mimski），209（Chan）210（Johnson），130（Liu），131（Farshchi）排成一列正门的南侧。
Color Lab将于4月20日（星期二）上午9:00至下午3:30在院子里第42大道大门口（Francis Scott Key）为学生提供可选的面对面测试。
对于不在4/20星期二在校园内的学生，如果您希望您的孩子接受测验，请在11:00 am-2:00 pm之间注册并到校园。