Francis Scott Key’s Physical Education program is among the top in the City of San Francisco.
The Curriculum is grounded in the California State Physical Education Standards and addresses the following:
- Demonstrating motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
- Demonstrating knowledge of movement concepts, principles and strategies that apply to the learning and performance of physical activities
- Assessing and maintaining a level of physical fitness to improve health and performance.
- Demonstrating knowledge of physical fitness concepts.
- Demonstrating and utilizing knowledge of psychological and sociological concepts, principles and strategies that apply to the learning and performance of physical activity.
All curriculum is lead by a combination of the classroom teacher and the Elementary School Physical Education Specialist, a credentialed Teacher on Special Assignment provided through the Physical Education Department of SFUSD. Our educators and school community strongly believe in the importance of physical literacy and education, not only for the purposes of health, sport and recreation, but for the mental and social health impact as well.
Physical Education Content Standards – https://www.cde.ca.gov/be/st/ss/documents/pestandards.pdf
SFUSD Physical Education website – http://www.pesfusd.com/